What is www.Paisley2020.org?
As Paisley Buddies who are proud of their town, we wanted to get more involved in the development and improvements proposed by Renfrewshire Council.
We spoke to a number of people who shared our enthusiasm and discovered not much was known about the projects being worked on. There was frustration with the way our town centre appeared, and the apparent lack of action. Since researching information for this website, we have learned this is definitely not the case, but like all large projects, it takes time for change to happen. It was felt the workings of Renfrewshire Council were not obvious, and positive changes happening in the town centre were not being duly credited.
It is hoped this site will highlight some of the work being carried out by Renfrewshire Council and other parties, highlight the plans still to be actioned, and highlight issues which may appear dormant, but have probably being investigated. We also want to focus the enthusiasm Paisley Buddies have for town.
After Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Dundee, Paisley is the largest population centre in Scotland. We have a larger population that the cities of Inverness, Perth or Stirling, so we have an importance to be recognised. We are home to Scotland's largest airport and largest university. We have a proud industrial and cultural heritage, and a love for our town unequalled anywhere.
We want to generate, maintain and share civic pride in Paisley.
New Businesses in Paisley
- Carriage 27 Bar & Grill: now open at 44 Old Sneddon Street. Ph: 0141 8892727
- Tom Baird Opticians: now open at 5 High Street, opposite the Cenotaph. Ph: 0141 889 8622
- Terem Travel Services: now open at 4 County Square, opposite The Last Post. They provide over 80 world currencies with no commission. Ph: 0141 8897520.
- Misiek Polish Shop: now open at 15 Moss Street. Here you will find a large selection of Polish foods, including cheese and dairy, meats and breads.
- Rainbow Scoops Ice Cream Parlour now open at 49 Moss Street, next to La Dolce Vita Ristorante Click here for advertisement.