What is www.Paisley2020.org?
As Paisley Buddies who are proud of their town, we wanted to get more involved in the development and improvements proposed by Renfrewshire Council.
We spoke to a number of people who shared our enthusiasm and discovered not much was known about the projects being worked on. There was frustration with the way our town centre appeared, and the apparent lack of action. Since researching information for this website, we have learned this is definitely not the case, but like all large projects, it takes time for change to happen. It was felt the workings of Renfrewshire Council were not obvious, and positive changes happening in the town centre were not being duly credited.
It is hoped this site will highlight some of the work being carried out by Renfrewshire Council and other parties, highlight the plans still to be actioned, and highlight issues which may appear dormant, but have probably being investigated. We also want to focus the enthusiasm Paisley Buddies have for town.
After Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Dundee, Paisley is the largest population centre in Scotland. We have a larger population that the cities of Inverness, Perth or Stirling, so we have an importance to be recognised. We are home to Scotland's largest airport and largest university. We have a proud industrial and cultural heritage, and a love for our town unequalled anywhere.
We want to generate, maintain and share civic pride in Paisley.
New Businesses in Paisley
- Paisley's fine tradition of outstanding coffee shops continues, with the opening of three new locations: BLEND, 25B Causeyside Street (free wifi), MAD HATTERS, 39 Gauze Street, and Crema, conveniently located on the ground floor of the Paisley Centre.
- Asian Grocery Shop: now open at 38 High Street, Ph: 0141 8895555, selling Asian goods, snacks, food, drinks and accessories.
- Saporito Wine Bar: now open at 44 Old Sneddon Street (under the railway bridge). Ph: 0141 8892727
- Tom Baird Opticians: now open at 5 High Street, opposite the Cenotaph. Ph: 0141 889 8622
- Misiek Polish Shop: now open at 15 Moss Street. Here you will find a large selection of Polish foods, including cheese and dairy, meats and breads.